Substance abuse is a growing issue in our society. From alcohol to prescription drugs, millions of Americans struggle with substance abuse every day. What may begin as innocent experimentation can quickly turn into a cycle of abuse and addiction. If you or a loved one is heading down this road, you need Northern VA substance abuse treatment programs. These programs at substance abuse treatment centers are crucial to turning your life around.
Signs that Substance Abuse Treatments are Necessary
There are multiple signs that indicate the need for Northern VA substance abuse treatment programs. These signs and symptoms can come in the form of either physical changes or behavioral changes.
Physical changes can include the following:
- Lack of coordination
- Inability to focus on tasks
- Sudden changes in weight
- Hair loss
- Sunken, glazed over, or bloodshot eyes
- Constricted or dilated pupils
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Looking unkempt
- Poor hygiene habits
Behavioral changes can include the following:
- Criminal activity
- Abrupt changes in personality and overall mood
- Erratic changes in moods
- Spending time with new friends
- Being secretive and reclusive
- Lying and stealing from friends and family
If an individual begins showing these signs, help from Northern VA substance abuse treatment programs is necessary immediately.
Common Substances that Require the Help of Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
While there are now numerous substances available, some are more common than others. Three common substances that many tend to abuse are the following:
- Alcohol– While it’s a legal substance, alcohol is the most abused substance in the country. Because of its availability and how it’s portrayed in the media, many don’t see the problem in consuming alcohol to the point of developing a dependence until it’s too late.
- Opiates– The opiate epidemic is occurring due to the abundance of pain reliever prescriptions over the past decade. Now that we understand how addictive these medications are, medical professionals are decreasing their use of the drug to manage pain.
- Stimulants– From street drugs like cocaine to prescriptions like Adderall, stimulants are popular among college students who are looking for an extra boost. While intended to treat ADHD, these prescriptions and their street counterparts are quickly becoming a serious issue.
Begin Participating in Northern VA Substance Abuse Treatment Programs Today
Are you tired of struggling with substance abuse? Is your loved one in need of Northern VA substance abuse treatment programs? It’s time to turn to the helping hands at Sagebrush Treatment Centers. Our team is ready to help our clients and their families break free from substance abuse. Through our substance abuse treatment programs, you or your loved one can take back control of life and achieve your goals of long-lasting recovery. To learn more about your options, contact us today at (866) 488-1156.