Our 12 step addiction recovery program creates the foundation for our approach to drug and alcohol abuse treatment. This program gives you a reliable model for recovery and healing. It also provides an empowering tool for measuring your progress and reaching your personal goals for a successful recovery. Drug rehab centers in Northern VA tend to offer these programs to help their clients.
The 12 steps to full restorations allow you to grow one step at a time. You grow as you begin your new life journey free of alcohol and drugs. Each step is integral in your growth. It helps you create awareness of your whole self while giving you the knowledge and power you need to revive your life and restore your mind, body, and spirit.
Understanding the 12 Step Addiction Recovery Program
If drug or alcohol addiction has taken control of your life, then contact Sagebrush today and find out more about our 12 step program Northern VA facility. We provide professional support, a caring staff, and a safe environment that allows you to recover from your addiction.
Although you may have heard of the 12 steps to sobriety, you may not know precisely what it entails. The 12 steps originated with Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) in the early 1950s and have since become a cornerstone of addiction recovery for other groups and organizations worldwide.
What Are the Steps of a 12 Step Addiction Recovery Program?
In short, the 12 steps consist of:
- We admit we are powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable
- Believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
- Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him
- Make a search and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
- Admit to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
- We are ready to have God remove all these defects of character
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings
- Make a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all
- Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
- Continue to take personal inventory and when we are wrong promptly admit it
- Through prayer and meditation improve our conscious contact with God as we understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out
- Have a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs
By applying these twelve steps, we can heal our spirit and recognize that we have the right to live freely, joyously, and fully. Our addiction treatment programs northern VA centers utilize 12 step recovery to help you have a successful day-to-day work life and healthy relationships that thrive.
You can experience your life more deeply, as you live in peace with yourself and those around you. We offer a comprehensive, holistic substance abuse program that helps restore all areas of your life and supports your road to lifelong recovery.
Find Out More About Our 12 Step Addiction Recovery Program
As you learn about Sagebrush Treatment Center, learn about our licensed professionals are dedicated to helping you recover the right way so that you can truly move on with your life free of alcohol and drugs through many programs:
- Addiction therapy services
- Cocaine addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Opioid addiction treatment
In addition to the programs above, our 12 step addiction recovery program has helped hundreds of people. They can break the cycle of addiction and move toward a more fulfilling life. To find out more about our treatment centers, contact Sagebrush Treatment Center at (866) 488-1156.